Friday, January 29, 2010

Assignment 4-1, Weekly Written Analysis 4


The popular culture topic that I chose to write about is the new Apple iPad. It is being talked about everywhere. The new iPad is basically just a big iPhone. It is a lot cheaper than what some people were expecting. The price on the iPad is $499 for the most basic model. It has a 9.7-inch display, a half-inch thick, and weighs only a pound and a half. It will do pretty much anything an iPhone can do including e-mail, web browsing, calendar and event managements, photos, music and video, and applications.

Celebrity CEO Steve Jobs says, “Awesome new tablet computer will be better than smart phones and laptops. It’s like holding the Internet in your hand.” He also said watching videos, movies and TV shows on the iPad is “awesome.” (Marcus 2010). Some people think that the iPad is just an oversized iPhone while others think it is an amazing product. I feel that millions of people will purchase the iPad because it is the newest product in technology and they will want to try it out. I personally will not be purchasing an iPhone or an iPad in the near future because I don’t have the extra money and I don’t have any use for one. I have my cell phone and laptop and that is all I need right now!

Reference
Marcus, Miriam. Steve Jobs says new tablet computer is “awesome.” Forbes.com. January 27, 2010. http://www.forbes.com/. Accessed January 29, 2010.


1 comment:

  1. Great Blog Bethany! I can't wait to get my hands on the next great invention from Apple. I am also concerned about the size of the newest contraption. It seems that it would be very hard to carry it in my pocket.

    ReplyDelete